April 22, 2009

Mid Week Update

For all you Shrewsbury blog followers out there (because I know there are sooo many) :) I thought I would give a quick update! I can really tell that there were some prayers for me this week and I wanted to thank you! I was looking forward to this week, but at the same time dreading it. I was nervous about being observed by a teacher that has a lot of experience and runs a tight ship, but it has been a blessing! My nerves subsided yesterday as I taught my first lesson and it has continued to get better and better. I officially completed my lessons that I am required to teach today and got some great feedback from my teacher. She said that I was doing a great job! This is something that I really needed to hear too because teaching was something that I was starting to question during this semester. I wasn't sure if this was the job that God really had planned for me. (I think I contribute a lot of this feeling towards working with 40 4-6 year olds!) After talking with my mentor teacher and actually teaching lessons, I know that this is what I am suppose to be doing with my life. I look forward to going to the classroom tomorrow even though getting up at 6:15 is starting to wear on me a bit! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE being off at 3:30!! I can get use to that real fast! But overall, I love working with these kids. They are hilarious in 1st grade by the way! You get some pretty funny stories! But I just wanted to give you guys an update about my week because I know that your prayers have been what has kept me at ease!

No comments: