April 12, 2009

Easter for the Shrewsbury's

Our Easter was fantastic! I will start off with the story before our Easter morning though! It has always been my tradition to get a new Easter dress every year. I have slacked off as I got older, but this year I really wanted to get a dress. I dropped the hint several times during the week and Saturday and even flat out asked, but never got an answer. Well, at 9:00 Saturday night, we went on a dress hunt at Kohl's and Target after spending time with our small group at a grillout. To my great disappointment, I did not find a dress, but I must add that I was very proud of myself too! I normally will just buy whatever when I want something and refuse to go home empty handed, so with that in mind I did really good! Well, Sam being the sweetest, best husband dropped me off at home told me we would look together to find something for me to wear, but that he was going to get us some coffee from Starbucks. He came back empty handed because Starbucks was closed, but was gone for awhile. Now on to Easter morning...We woke up at 8:00 because we were going to Sam's mom church out in Brentwood and had to drop Bailey off at my parents house, so we got an early start for us. (This might be late to some, but Sunday morning we normally get to sleep till 9:00 or 9:30 because our church doesn't have Sunday school and we go to the 11 o'clock service.) Sam let Bailey out and when he came back upstairs he brought me a chocolate bunny, a stuffed bunny, and a card! It was soo sweet! It made for a good start to the day! We went to church and had an AMAZING service! I love Mrs. Terri's church! We left Brentwood to eat lunch with my family. It was a wonderful meal and great family hangout time! Bailey and Sassy once again made for lots of laughs! It definitely wore him out! We had a wonderful first Easter....but someone left the camera at home from blogging earlier and there are no pictures!! Oops!

1 comment:

Tess said...

Interesting information!! I would like to browse kohls for spring dresses.