November 29, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving

Our first Thanksgiving was quite different than both of our Thanksgiving's past. We would normally go to Sam's grandmother's house in Mt. Juliet, but this year we all just wanted to have time to ourselves. Mrs. Terri and Sarah went to Gatlinburg and Gina went to Missouri where Chris's family is from, so Sam and I decided to spend our Thanksgiving together with just the two of us. We spent the entire day being as lazy as humanly possible! We slept in till 9:30.We made some orange rolls. We watched the Titans slaughter the Lions. We finally left the apartment! We went to my parents house where my mom made a delicious dinner! There was so much food! It was really cool though because for years we have always had the same routine on both sides: Sam always goes to his Mt. Juliet grandmothers and I always go to my grandmothers on my dad's side. This year we both did something different. My mom's parents came over and we all sat down to a Thanksgiving dinner feast! We are going to my aunt and uncle's for Thanksgiving with my dad's family on Sunday! Anyways, we had a blast! Sam, Moriah, Libby, and I all went downstairs and rocked out on Rock Band! I was the lead tone deaf singer! It killed me cause I can sing on pitch and I know when I'm not and I was definitely not on pitch! Lindsey, you would have ran out of the room! It was bad, but so much fun! When I actually knew the song, I did pretty good! We all laughed and my grandparents came down for the awesome concert! Sam and I left soon after to start our Christmas decorating, by getting our tree! It was a great lazy very thankful Thanksgiving Day!

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

cute layout!i like the font colors!