November 29, 2008

The Verdict

Sam generously gave in to our dilema and we have a tree with white lights! This is mostly because he wanted me to be happy, but also because the tree was free and pre-lit with white lights! This was better than paying another $100 for another tree! Those things can be expensive! Anyways, we got the tree from his mom's house Thursday night and decided to go ahead and put it up even though it was 10:30 at night. We made a stop first at Wal-Mart because Sam had a surprise to get me! I waited in the car and when he came back he handed me the 10 Classic Christmas Movies that just came out! It was very very sweet because he knows that I LOVE Christmas movies and music! It will also be great to have in my classroom when I teach! Back to the Christmas tree though! We got back home and had the daunting task of moving around the furniture in our little apartment! The picture is before the furniture move began! We have bigger furniture, so it was daunting because we wanted it all to fit in here and look good because in reality, there was nowhere else for it to go! lol Sam finally discovered a way to have the furniture fit and we both like this set up better than the old set up! We went out yesterday around lunch to get ornaments! The was a task too! There was not much of a selection, but we found some stuff and a few more movies and came back to decorate! We took decorating in small steps! It was fun! The only thing we are missing is the tree topper, but that will come sooner or later! We couldn't find one we really liked! Like I said, the selection was scarce! It was fun picking out our Christmas stuff! The first ornaments that went on our tree were ones that my aunt made us last Christmas, Sam and Holly gingerbread people! I think that it looks adorable! We still need to get an "Our First Christmas" ornament, but I haven't found one that I really liked! I am on the prowl though! Before Christmas, we will have one!

No comments: