November 23, 2008

Your Opinion

Friday night, Sam and I went over to hang out at John and Lindsey's. While we were there we were talking about their Christmas tree. That's when Sam and I realized that we haven't ever talked about our preference on tree lights! I never thought it would be an issue! Sam grew up with colored lights and really wants colored lights on our tree. I grew up with white lights and really want white lights for our tree. My thinking is that white can go with any color and that color will stand out. Sam just wants colored lights, the end. So that is where we want your opinion. Who thinks Sam should give in and let me have white lights or I give in and Sam have colored lights? The suggestion of mixing both was already shot down!

5 comments:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

We're going with neither seeing as we have to ride with you two for a three hour trip to Gatlinburg in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

We always had colored lights...but white lights are nice too. maybe two trees will be the answer.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Janette. Or decorate the tree with one option and around the bakers rack or windows with the other option.

Anonymous said...

the anonymous one was your mama, by the way. Always neutral.

Anonymous said...

scrap both and do what we do and have theme trees. every year its a different theme. the lights match. for a winter wonderland theme go with white, for a traditional x-mas do colored. we once had a pink christmas and had pink and white lights. a military christmas and had red, white and blue. you get the picture.