November 9, 2008

Weekend Madness

Do not be fooled by the title of my blog; it was just a very busy weekend not crazy really. Sam and I went to our friend Cody's house to hang out Friday night. We had a great time and good laughs! For example, Cody's long time girlfriend Lindsey and I were cooking and talking and Sam was floating around doing something. Cody had been at the grill working with the hamburgers and hotdogs when we heard a noise. Cody came in the door and into another room. When he came back in he had a fire extinguisher in his hand. He had caught something on fire. We didn't believe it until we saw the flames reflecting on the door! It sounds worse than it was, but it was hilarious! I had never seen a fire extinguisher used before. It smells terrible. We had dinner and Sam and I had brought some movies, so we sat down and watched U571 (I think that's the right number!). It was fun; cold, but fun! Last night, Sam and I and Sarah and Jake (Sam's sister and boyfriend) drove out to Symrna to hang out at their cousins house. It was funny because I asked Sam if he had ever hung out with him before and that was a no. This was a first for everybody and we had a great time! His cousin Kevin smoked some meat. We had BBQ and brisket! It was delicious! We all just sat and talked and watched their two kids. One is crawling and pulling up on stuff, so it became normal for him to fall on his face. Their little girl liked Sam. She shared her popcorn with him and showed him her doll. She wouldn't give me the time of day! We topped the night off with Starbucks! It was a great night! Today and the rest of this week will be devoted to homework! I can tell that the end of the semester is near because everything is due all at once. There's only a few more weeks left! I feel like the little engine that could...I just need to keep telling myself... I Think I Can...I Think I Can!! :)

No comments: