August 29, 2008

For I Know The Plans I Have For You

I was sitting in the funeral service for my father in law when all of the sudden I had a revelation and I really wanted to share it with everyone. If you know David Simmerman than you know that his favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11 which reads, "'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Well it all became very clear to me that God was preparing us for this day; He knew the plans. It was about 2 years ago when our dear friends, John and Lindsey, came into our lives. Sam and John grew up together, but it wasn't until Lindsey came along that we all hung out. Over the years, a close bond has developed both as couples and as individuals. Around this same time, Sam and I became very close to another couple, Amanda and Steve. They have been our mentors, but most importantly our friends. If I've ever had a question about anything or just needed to chat for a little bit, I don't hesitate to call Amanda. Sam and I are going through a tremendous loss, but God knew that the burden would be too heavy for me to carry alone to be the strength that Sam needs. That is where "the plan" idea comes in. These friendships that we have created in this short time is just what God planned. They are our support. Don't get me wrong, our families and other friends are support for us as well! Today when John and Lindsey walked up to us to give us a hug and let us know they were there for us, we both were teary eyed! It meant so much for them to be there to mourn with us, but to also comfort us!
To continue on with my idea of God's plan, August 9th looked right to Sam and me for a reason. We didn't move our date even though we knew that the length of time with Mr. Sam was uncertain. God knew that we would need each other 24/7 now. This has all been my thoughts over the past week, so I thought that I would share. If it doesn't make sense, I apologize. It's sometimes hard to express your thoughts and make them make sense! To John and Lindsey and Steve and Amanda, thank you so much for your friendship and support! We love you very much and am very blessed to call you our friends! (Lindsey, I know you don't like this pic of us, but it was this or your opera wear! lol)

4 comments:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Thanks so much Holly, we really appreciate that and you know we love you two so much. And I forgive you on the picture..I'm glad this was the choice!

The Barrios Family said...

Okay, you can't write sappy stuff about me right now - I'm pregnant and very, very, very emotional! That just made me cry!!!

I want you to know that God blessed Steve and I more than you could possibly imagine when he put you and Sam in our lives! We love you!

The Barrios Family said...

Okay, you can't write sappy stuff about me right now - I'm pregnant and very, very, very emotional! That just made me cry!!!

I want you to know that God blessed Steve and I more than you could possibly imagine when he put you and Sam in our lives! We love you!

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Cute new layout! i like this one better!