September 9, 2008

First Recipe Success!

So last Saturday night, Sam had some of the guys over to watch football. By the way, football will rule our house for the next 20 weeks! I LOVE football these days! We watch highlights in the morning, new games, and then the highlights of those games we just watched at night! I mean really sports are awesome! Okay so I might be slightly sarcastic, but I knew ahead of time that Sam loves sports! Next, we will be watching basketball all the time! I never catch a sports break! Okay so back to the story..I tried to make my famous start from scratch cookies Saturday while his friends were here. Needless to say, they were not the prettiest cookies made! One of the guys thought it was nachos and beef...when it was a mound of chocolate chip cookies! That might explain the look of these cookies! I was irritated, but they taste good and were a hit regardless! Sam had picked out two recipes from our books we were given, so I decided to give one of them a try! Last night I made cheesy chicken enchiladas and they were great! I was so proud! It came from a book titled, "Anyone Can Cook!" I guess the book is right because we both thought it was delicious! It would be even better if someone...cough cough Amanda...would tell me how to do guacamole! :) We are making a book of the recipes that we like, so this will definitely be added! Actually, this is the first one! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

The Barrios Family said...

Next time you come for dinner, I promise we will make some guacamole together so you can learn how to do it.

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

the recipe book is such a cute idea!