September 27, 2008

Kroger vs. Walmart

This is a random, but necessary post so that I can vent a little. Sam and I live behind a Walmart, so of course this is where we do our grocery shopping. Well, a Kroger is just down the road, so Sam and I thought, "Hey, why not try out a different place and see what the difference is!" We had a Kroger plus card so we thought for this past grocery run that we would just go there and see how it was. Let me just say...WE WILL NEVER RETURN!! The prices are so much higher! For example, we get Martha White Blueberry Muffins. Walmart price=$.88 Kroger price=$1.19!! Case in point my friend!! There were more instances than that! I also think it's sad that I've learned the prices at Walmart and I just thought that! Even the generic brand prices were higher! I wanted to just put everything back and go to Walmart! To makes things even worse, we were shopping at 10 o'clock at night so all the registers were closed except for the self checkout! Let me tell you that it is ridiculous to checkout 47 items in the self check out. You cannot put the bags in your cart until your purchase is complete, so that was an added pain! I left that place in the worse mood possible! Sam was right though, we had food and we learned a very valuable lesson! Walmart is where we shall shop! (We want to try out Publix, but that's nowhere around here!) Like I said, this is random but I had to get that out there! :)

2 comments:

wonderfuljourney said...

Hey Girl! I know what you mean
Wal-mart is a great place to shop. Oh Publix is worse than Kroger on prices.

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

hey it's fall on your blog! yay!!