October 1, 2008

Prayer Request

Sam and I received a call tonight with a prayer request. Christian Wilson, junior at Pleasant View Christian School, was diagnosed with leukemia today. They had originally thought that he had mono, but further tests resulted with cancer. I do not know all the details, but from what I have been told they think that they have caught it early. I think they plan on starting chemo as soon as possible. I do not personally know him and I think that Sam knows of him through his brother. He is a very good friend of my sisters and from talking to them he is a pretty awesome person. I know from our experience that the power of prayer is an awesome and powerful thing! Mr. Sam was at our wedding and I really do think that is due to the prayer power! Sam and I would like to ask you to pray for healing, comfort, and strength because the road ahead will not be an easy one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He definitely needs lots of prayer and I am a firm believer like you that prayer is so extremely powerful. I will pray for him. I was told it was advanced leukemia, is that true?

Sam and Holly said...

I was told today that it was 95% cureable. I know they put a port in today for treatment.