August 26, 2008

Honeymoon to Cancun

I told you guys that I would be out of order for a little while, so now I can post about the honeymoon! We went to Cancun, which was amazing! Our wedding night we stayed in the Sheraton Music City. We stopped at Chili's Too and got some food to take with us because we were starving! We both agree that was the best food we have ever had in our lives! I decided that we needed to document the best food ever, so above is a picture of the wonderfulness...mine is the empty aluminum foil.

We were ready for bed after a long, exhausting day of smiling when all the sudden we got a knock on the door telling us it was room service. It was 10 o'clock at night! Why in the world would we have asked for room service was my thinking! Sure enough we did have complimentary room service. They brought us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It looked really nice and was a very good idea, but it did not taste very good! Thank you still Sheraton Music City hotel!

So many of you know that my bag was lost during the connecting flight in Charlotte, NC, so when I arrived in Cancun, there was no bad to be found. I cried like a baby, but I really who wouldn't! I had nothing but one change of clothes and one bathing suit! No hair care cause it can't go in a carry on...nothing! It was not the ideal way to start off the honeymoon! 24 hours later...after many use of roaming minutes...my bag arrived at the door of our room! It was great! My attitude completely changed after that one moment!
We loved our hotel. The food wasn't be greatest, but everything else was fantastic! There was daily entertainment at the pool, which Sam and I enjoyed poolside and watching. We took a moment from our sun bathing..me more than Sam...he stayed in the shade due to earlier burning...to take a newly married pic!
So to end this blog about the honeymoon, I thought that I would tell about our final night of entertainment. This was the best way to leave in my opinion! They had a Michael Jackson impersonator as entertainment for Thursday night! It was hilarious, but pretty accurate! He did all the dance moves, including the moon walk! It was just fantastic! I think everyone in the entire hotel was there because it was sooo crowded! Sam and I had to stand on the wall, which really wasn't ideal, but well worth the pain in my feet. This is a picture of the Thiller song!! I dedicate this picture to Libby Jo! I took it just for her! Love you Libs!
Well, then we traveled all day Friday and got back to our own little apartment at 11:30 that night! It was a long day, but was a great honeymoon!...aside from the whole bag ordeal!

No comments: