August 23, 2008

It Is Official!





As of August 9, Sam and I are officially husband and wife. For those of you who do not know much about us, Sam and I met in high school. I was a sophomore who thought I was a bigshot because a senior (Sam) was interested in me. Little did either of us know that we would be together now! We became an official "titled" couple on December 5, 2003 even though we had been talking ever since September. Needless to say, on our four year anniversary Sam gave me the suprise of my lifetime getting on one knee and asking me to be his wife. He actually written a poem in a card asking me and then got on one knee with the ring in hand, but it's all the same. I said yes and 2 weeks ago from today, we both said "I do!" Now more about the wedding! It was the best day of our lives. Most of you know that we had a curveball thrown at us in June when we found out that Sam's dad had pancreatic cancer. It has been extremely aggressive and made him weak very fast. A week before the wedding, Mr. Sam was put on hospice and we didn't know if he would make it to the wedding or not. The best news of the day...after knowing that Sam showed up...was the Mr. Sam was at the wedding. He even came to the rehearsal dinner the night before. The only time I had actual tears coming down my face was when I saw Mr. Sam and I gave him the biggest hug! Words can really not describe what that meant to Sam and me. God truely answered many, many prayers that weekend! So on a lighter note....I had a rocking awesome dress accented with even more rocking awesome shoes. Yes that's right I said rocking awesome whatever that means! The shoes were hot pink with a "diamond" incrested buckle!! Thank you Lindsey for finding and convincing me that I needed to get those shoes! At the reception, I smashed cake in Sam's face! It was fabulous! I really want to see a picture of that one! We rode off in the sunset...not really it was like 5 o'clock so no sunset....but anyways..we rode off in a silver Chevy hardtop Convertible! It was a dream come true of a wedding! By the way..I am just now starting this blog thing...so everything will probably be out of order for awhile until I get the hang of this world of blogging!

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

love the blog!!