January 16, 2009

Jackson Hole Fun


Thanks to my grandparents and my dad, Sam and I were given the opportunity to go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with our flight, stay, and limited activities paid for. How could we resist?! We got off from work and headed out on Sunday to the most beautiful winter wonderland! Our plane ride was slightly turbulant, but well worth it! We spent Sunday getting to know the lay of the land. Lesson learned was to not walk around in tennis shoes in the snow. I fell back to back down the stairs! :) No injuries to report though! We went snowmobiling and skiing on Monday and Tuesday! Both were amazing! We saw moose within feet of us! The mountains and snow....it just proved how amazing God is! Skiing was really good, but tramatic at some points for me! Going down the slopes in Wyoming is a lot different than going on the ones in West Virginia that I'm use to! I went down a very steep blue and almost flipped out..ok I basically flipped out, but the wonderful husband that Sam is talked me down and encouraged me the whole way down! The picture was our "Holy Cow I'm glad we made it down and Wow that was tiring" picture! We also had a spa for men and women on separate floors which we really loved too! After a little trouble on the way home of trying to catch our flight home due to delayment on the first flight, loss of Sam's carry on bag, and leaving his hat I gave him for Christmas on the plane...we made it home! I officially missed my first day of the semester, but it was well worth it! We came back to extremely cold temperatures, so I have an extended vacaction with no work or school till Tuesday! It was a great experience that Sam and I will never forget!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I am glad your trip was so much fun. The last time I skied w/Sam... I broke my arm :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had fun, besides losing a bag! I voted on Mint and Sage for you!