December 15, 2008

Gatlinburg Getaway

It seems like every since Sam and I got married we have been going non-stop. Two weeks after we got married I started school, so the chance to getaway was really hard to come by. We decided that we would go to Gatlinburg after I got out of school with John and Lindsey to get a much needed rest from life. I finished up school on Wednesday and Sam took a half day on Thursday and the four of us headed out of town! We had a blast after a little bit of a tough time with our cabin rental company. I'll just say that we will not go back to Sterling Springs Resort nor do we recommend anyone else going. We were placed in 5 different cabins, 4 of which happened within the last 2 weeks. I mean, good grief, we made reservations 2 months early for a reason, but that didn't seem to matter! Anyways, we finally got a cabin that somewhat was what we reserved originally. We ordered pizza, relaxed in a hot tub, and started a Christmas movie our first night there. We spent Friday shopping in Pigeon Forge, which was fun! We might not have gotten anything, but we had fun looking! That's what happens when it's this close to Christmas I guess! We went to Dixie Stampede that night! Our waiter made the experience so much better! He was hilarious! A night at Dixie Stampede is always memorable! You've got to love places that do not supply utensils! And I will add that the South won, even though some competitions were definitely rigged!! In the end, the South Pole was the champion! After dinner we went and looked at lights in Gatlinburg, which was beautiful! Saturday was got up and went to have breakfast at the Pancake Pantry which was delicious! I had chocolate chip pancakes which were fabulous, but fast filling! We walked Gatlinburg and went to the spot where the magic happened for Lindsey and John had a little photo opt and then headed back to the cabin. We spent the rest of the night in watching Christmas movies and hanging out in the hot tub with a lot of pool and air hockey! We headed out Sunday morning and had lunch with my family for my dad's birthday! It was a much needed, very relaxing weekend! Now on to Christmas and then a ski trip in Wyoming thanks to my wonderful, thoughtful Dad! (and Carrier for supplying the trip!)

No comments: