December 30, 2008

Christmas Day Festivities

Christmas Day has always been a day that I have been able to get up early with no problem! This year was no exception! I woke up at 4, 6:30, and 7:30 and decided that at 7:30 I could try to get Sam up! Sam was not like me and wanted to sleep until our alarm went off at 8, so I somewhat slept, somewhat just waited until the alarm went off. I shot up out of the bed, got both of us coffee, Sam turned on some Christmas music and our Christmas Day together began. A tradition that Sam and I are going to have on Christmas Day is to pray together as a family before we open presents. (We discussed traditions we would like to have Christmas Eve.) We will have other traditions with kids, but since that is nowhere even near thought, we started our family tradition. We opened our gifts from each other. We both got some great stuff. Sam got me some awesome shoes, a purse, some clothes, board games I asked for, and some movies. I got Sam a steamer, shoes, clothes, movies, and some other stuff. He loved the steamer. I was worried that it would be like getting a vacuum or sewing machine, but he really like it. It was immediately put together. We got ourselves ready and headed out to my parents house to have Christmas Day brunch as a family. We got some great stuff. I got a DS and Sam got Guitar Hero with two guitars so we can play together. We got some clothes too!! After spending some time there, we headed to the hospital to see Sam's grandmother. She fell and broke her hip, so she's been in rehab for over a month. We all gathered in her room and had some family time. Of course, the main entertainment came from Calyn! She is just the cutest kid!

We finished up our Christmas night traveling to my grandparents house for the traditional Christmas Day night celebration! Exhausted Sam and I headed back to the house around 9:30. After a Mountain Dew, the two of us stayed up until 1:30 A.M. playing guitar hero! We are an awesome band in case you were wondering!!! We had a great first Christmas...and made it to every function with our sanity!! Impressive I know!:)

No comments: