July 16, 2013

Chicago Getaway

I haven't posted in decades it seems and we've been pretty busy. I had the goal last year of completing a half marathon and did it! This year Sam made the goal of doing a run called the Tough Mudder. This is a 12 mile run with about 25 obstacles to complete during the run. He started training in January for the run in May that was in Chicago. I got a trip to Chicago out of the deal. :) Sam and I got there in time to go to Wrigley Field too.

 I am a huge baseball fan and while I might not be a Chicago Cubs fan, going to see Wrigley is on any baseball fans bucket list. It was pretty chilly, but we had a great time at the game. Our friends Melinda and Dan met us up there later Saturday night to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Sam and the team survived the run while Melinda and I survived a day full of shopping. It was fabulous! I found a new love of public transportation after walking everywhere. Buses and L trains are awesome! My CTA card was amazing and got my monies worth out of it. Before we made the trip home, we took a little scenic trip around town and saw the Bean and Buckingham Fountain along with Lake Michigan. I loved Chicago and would love to go back! Here are some pictures from the weekend. 






No comments: