July 6, 2012

Tattoo Time

 Ever since Sam's dad passed away I have wanted to get a rose tattoo as a reminder of an awesome father in law that I only got to have for 3 weeks as my for real father in law. Mr. Sam always called me "Holly Rose", so it only seemed fitting to get a tattoo of a rose. I had been telling Sam for forever that I wanted to get this tattoo, but we kept saying we would do it and then not do it. Finally we set goal for ourselves to work toward getting them. I wanted to lose 20 lbs and then I could get the tattoo. In March, I finally met the weight loss goal. In April, I met the goal of running the half marathon. Not it's about time I get that tattoo, so today I did just that! I decided to go with the top of my foot. Turns out this is a pretty painful spot to tattoo. I actually think anywhere is going to be painful, but the skin on the foot is so thin that you feel everything!

 This was my face pretty much the entire time. My sister, Libby, came with me to keep me company and take pictures of all the faces I was making! :) I think she enjoyed herself!
 My friend Rachael and her husband Mike came to see us while we were there. She recommended the tattoo artist I was seeing, so she came to see how things were going. It was a nice distraction to say the least!
 At this point, everything was done except for the highlighting. I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I was wrong.
 At this point, I am just trying to stay still. The highlighting was a beast to get through, but it was finally over!
This is the end result! I love it! I will forever be "Holly Rose"! I am looking forward to people asking me about it to get to share some awesomeness of a man that I wish was still here.

No comments: