July 5, 2012

July 4th with Friends

 For the past 4 years, Sam and I along with friends have set up a space down in Nashville, grilled out, and watched fireworks. Each year, the number of people that come down grows either by the addition of kids or more friends. This year was no different. It was the biggest group we have had yet! We set up our canopy tents, got the grill going, and played some cornhole. The kids this year were an entertainment in and of themselves. Finally, the fireworks were in full force and they did not disappoint. Sam and I think that this year the fireworks were the best they have been in a while. Here are some pictures from the night.

My nephew Boone was having a blast walking around everywhere with a walk behind toy. He was actually running more than walking to be honest.

 Some of the girls

 Don't be fooled..we are not in sand, that's just really dead grass.

 Kellie, Josh, and Caleb

 Our yearly 4th picture

 The sisters


Notice all the cars waiting to leave in the background. We stick around and keep eating and playing cornhole while they just sit and watch us. An hour later we are ready to go and don't have to sit in traffic! It's really a genius plan if you ask me! This year I made homemade chocolate chip cookies and then cake mix cookies, but did not want to take any home. I decided to walk to cars and give the cookies out to people while they were waiting to leave. I ended up getting rid of all of them! Next year, I am going to charge! :)

No comments: