December 8, 2009

Let's Do A Little Catching Up

It has been forever since I have given everyone an update and we have definitely been up to a lot of stuff. Let's start at the beginning of November...yes a whole month ago. Sam and I volunteer to work with the youth ministry at our church. He co-leads with 8th and 9th grade boys and I co-lead with 6th grade girls. Well, in the beginning of November we took off one weekend with them to Gatlinburg to be a part of Crave. It was a youth retreat...more like a lock in really. We did not sleep too terribly much! We both had a blast, but needed some rest by the time we got home. Here's a few pictures of that weekend...
Everyone was so great and it was nice to get to know each other in a different atmosphere than at Remix on Wednesday nights! Just so you know the 6th grade girls are so much cooler than the 8th and 9th grade boys! :)

So November continued on...I did my field experience placement which went fantastic! I also started on a new business adventure. I will not be able to work when I student teach, so I have been looking for an avenue for making some money while I am student teaching. I thought about cleaning some houses, babysitting, but then an opportunity came for me to be a Thirty-One consultant. It has been fabulous! I love doing this job! If you are ever interested in anything, just let me know. We then came to Thanksgiving, which was on hectic but well worth it day! It started Wednesday night when I was cooking away in the kitchen making Sweet Potato Suffle and Oreo Balls all of which were a hit! We got up and went to my parents house for a Thanksgiving breakfast. We were really excited that we were able to see both of our families on a holiday that is only one day! We went to Sam's grandma's house in TN for lunch and then left late afternoon to travel to West Virginia. It was a long trip, but waking up to snow made it sooo worth it!
We took a little trip to Turkey Spur to look at the gorgeous scenic views of West Virginia.

We spent some quality time with Sam's family over the weekend. And yes, I did miss the Black Friday sales, but the snow made it ok with me.

So here we are. It's now December! We have put our Christmas tree and had plenty of Christmas music being played despite how bad Sam doesn't like it! :) I LOVE Christmas music..Sam not as much! This is Bailey's first Christmas, so we look a few pictures of him with the tree just for fun.

I know he's such a model! :)
Finally, let's get to the great news! I saved the best for last of course! We both have some great changes coming our way! Sam has been offered a new job that will be in Nashville. He will be starting the new job right before Christmas! God is SOOO great! We have been praying for a new job for him for over a year now and after putting our way to the side, an offer came our way! It was so amazing! I also much give credit to our very good friend Lindsey who put Sam's name in the hat for the position! THANK YOU! My big news is that I have made it to the end of the semester. I still have finals, but the schoolwork is complete. I will no longer have assignments and tests and useless classtime that I learn absolutely nothing. I finished my last assignment of my college career tonight and it was an awesome, yet unreal thing. It is amazing that four years ago I was nervous about my first finals ever and moving back home to change schools to Austin Peay. Now, I am done! I am on the downhill slide to graduation. Yes, student teaching will be challenging, but I will be doing what I want to do and not sitting in class doing busy work! That is what I am so excited about! So we want to thank you all for all of your prayers. There have been many people who have been supporting us through prayer and words and we cannot thank you enough! With all that said, I guess I have caught you up on the Shrewsbury Happenings! I should have more time to blog now, so hopefully I won't have so much to do in one post from here on out!

No comments: