December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

WARNING: THIS WILL BE A LONG POST SO SIT TIGHT! (Or don't...I'm not being bossy!)
This year we decided to spread out our Christmas with family. Some of Sam's family has to travel to spend time with other family, so we had our Shrewsbury Christmas a little earlier than normal. We met at Gina and Chris' house to have dinner and spend some time together. It was so much fun to watch Calyn this Christmas because she could communicate and get excited about the gifts that she opened. Eventually, we will learn to give Calyn the clothes and smaller presents first BEFORE the big presents. She always loses interest after the big presents. These are a few pictures of the night:






We went to my mom's brother's house on Christmas Eve. We had some people feeling a little under the weather, but that didn't stop us from having a wonderful time getting to sit and chat with each other.

Christmas Day is a fun-filled, jam packed day but so worth it! We started out Christmas morning together. This is us Christmas morning fresh out of bed. I am amazed that I am willing to put this up, but not everyone can come straight out of bed looking fresh and clean people! :)
We opened our presents from each other and had to start getting ready to leave right after we got finished.

Our first stop was my parents house. We enjoyed a nice breakfast and then opened gifts. After finishing presents, we got together to try to get family pictures. This is easier said then done, especially when you are doing self-timing with 3 different cameras going off at three different times. It makes for quite a laughing filled experience...and pictures! We finally got some good ones after SEVERAL retakes!
The whole family together:

Sisters:

All the kids together now:

On a side note, it even spit some snow at us while we were there, so that was nice to see on Christmas even if it didn't stick!

We left from there and headed to Sam's aunt and uncles house. This is always an enjoyable experience for me! I laugh my head off the entire time I do believe! We had some great food, talks, but then came the Sock Swap Dirty Santa game. This was a hilarious experience!! Grandma Ellis got cat socks..this means a stuffed cat sewn on top of a black sock, not cats printed on socks! I told you funny stuff!These are the socks I speak of:

There were an assortment of socks. Socks with cats, fur, zebra print, hunting, white, black, and sportwear! O yeah and house shoe socks! I got those!

We left and headed to my grandparents house, dad's side this time! Sam was tired of taking pictures by this time can you tell? We spent some time with family and opened some more presents. The three amigo cousins all have matching sweatshirts now! Aren't they just too cute!?!?

By this point in the night, Regina and I started getting a little tired. When we get tired, we start doing slightly silly things. Well, we found out that our cameras can take pictures repeatedly several times, so thought it would be funny to make different faces for every picture. Now that I say that, I just looked through my pictures and I guess I must have been the one who laughed the whole time while Regina took the pictures...I don't have any funny one's on my camera! :( O well still thought I would share that little bit of information!

We had a great Christmas season spending some much needed time with our family and friends. I hope that you all had a wonderful time as well! Now we are heading on to see what God has in store for us for this new year! I know some great things are going to be happening!

To come in 2010:
*A New Niece
*A Diploma
*A Big Girl Job

I'd say that God has some things in store for the Shrewsbury's that for sure!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(And no your eyes are not deceiving themselves..this post is now over!)

No comments: