July 5, 2009

4th of July

I am very sad to announce that our first 4th of July married was not photographed by me. I had my sad camera that works when it feels like it..but left the memory stick in the computer at home leaving me pictureless! It was sad..but luckily Regina had her camera so there is evidence that we celebrated our day of independence! Sam and I along with our friends and family set up camp in Nashville despite all the calls for rain and bad weather. It wasn't very crowded at least! The first wave of rain came through, but we held out like champs! We huddled close together...the boys around the food table of course..and waited out the rain. We had about an hour of no rain but no sun either! The guys threw around football, the girls chatted, and we all ate some great hotdogs and hamburgers! Due to the weather threat, the fireworks started an hour early. Luckily, we had put some of the stuff that we were not using back in the cars so if we needed to make a fast exit we would already have a head start. We watched almost half of the fireworks when the bottom dropped out of the sky. I mean sideways rain sort of deal! We all took off running in any and all directions trying to get stuff put up, but after realizing that we were already drenched..we decided to hold down our tent and finish watching the fireworks. I mean really when you think about it..we would have just been sitting in the car joining the crowd of people trying to get out, so we just waited it out in the rain. Unfortunately, there is no picture evidence anywhere of our appearance after we got everything put up. Regina had her good camera so that was one of the first things to make it to the car. If only I had my memory stick, I would've been willing to sacrifice my camera for the sake of that picture to hold as a memory! :( I mean I am going to have to get a new one one of these days anyways! So after making a feeble attempt to wring out my clothes..which just got rained on again before getting in the truck..we made our way back to my parents house to unload the gear in the safety of a house instead of the pouring rain! We got dry clothes and headed home after a very eventful night! This 4th of July will definitely be one to remember..even if I have to copy some pictures from my wonderful sister! ;)

No comments: