June 21, 2009

Our Vacation Getaway

It's hard to believe but it has been a year since Sam started his job, which means vacation time!! Sam and I decided to celebrate our one year anniversary and have a vacation all in one because he can't take time off in August which is our anniversary month. We left early Monday morning, 6 o'clock to be exact, and headed down to Panama City Beach. We finally got down there a little after 3. We went to eat and then to Walmart, but due to the massive insanity at the one Walmart in PCB, we left. We spent day one getting burnt, day two shopping in Pier Park, and three at the pool, day four at the ocean and pool, and unforunately day five we spent driving home. The ocean had a lot of seaweed, so we didn't go in it that much. It was so nice to get to spend time together without work or anything else to worry about and of course I loved sun bathing! Sam on the other hand...he's just not much of a sun bathing guy. We got him an umbrella, but he still got a fun little tan! Sunscreen has never been a part of my getting ready for the pool ( I know..thats not a good thing, but I don't), so I just put it on Sam's shoulders like he asked me and went on about my tanning. Well, that night Sam had one fun tan...this is what it looked like: It was a great week! Neither one of us are looking forward to getting back to work, but ready or not here the work week comes!

No comments: