March 1, 2009

We Moved!!

This weekend was a whirlwind to say the least and it all started on Friday. The wonderful storm came in overnight and decided to make our power go off. We realized we didn't have power when we were burning up due to the lack of ceiling fan. It wasn't on when the alarm went off and there was no point in washing my hair when I can't dry it or straighten it. (Short hair..no taming...bad idea) Low and behold at 7:45 on the dot the power came back on! I decided to get a shower and rush to get out the door by 8:15 because I had to work all day at the preschool. I wasn't going to be back home, so this was my chance and I wasn't going to pass it up! I was a trooper and made it to work on time with dry straight hair. I must confess that I did makeup in the car! lol Sam and I had a night out with our friends. I went to the Selah concert with Regina, Lindsey, and Mallory while Sam went to eat at Bosco's and saw Jack Black on his night out too! He would like that I threw that in there! We both had a great time out. Shout out to Selah...It was a great concert even though I cried! It was a wonderful night of worship! Saturday we moved to a townhome that is literally 50 steps or less away from where we were. It is amazing! We were getting really cramped in our one bedroom apartment. With only one closet there was little storage for anything which is really depressing. We now have a his and her closet along with a spare bedroom which is now our office/study area. We have 1.5 bathroom which is great! I'm getting used to having so much space! When we were getting ready to call it a night, we thought it felt like being in a hotel. It wasn't home yet, but it is feeling more like our home as we are here. Sam and I spent last night hanging pictures getting the home feeling in this place. There are a few things that need to be worked on maintenance wise, but these people worked all week to get it ready for us to be able to move before the rent for our old apartment was due, so I am not complaining in the least! I must give a BIG THANK YOU to my mom and dad, Mike, and Tyler who came and helped us move. We would have never gotten over here as fast as we did without your help! Mike and Tyler we owe you 2 moving days so just call us when you need us! One day when I am satisfied with how we have it, I will post pictures of the old and the new! Good news! Spring Break is next week for me so YAY for the break from school even though I'll still have schoolwork!

No comments: