March 25, 2009

The Newest Shrewsbury




I have asked Sam for a dog for a very long time. I even decided that I could wait till I graduated next May and get a puppy for a present, but I would still ask just to be sure! Well one day we had spent the day getting Sam a grill and I said that it would be nice if I could get a dog. To my surprise he said that we could look and as long as we got the approval from our landlord that we could. Well, Sunday we got the approval and we went and got Bailey, a 9 week old Maltipoo heavy on the Malt light on the poo! :) It has been rather interesting since Sunday night! Within the first 2 to 3 hours of having him, he was introduced to his future girlfriend Heidi and fell off of a table. He started out sleeping in our bed, but an hour later was well rested and wanted to play, so he went to his crate. He is a very good dog and loves to watch TV which is really funny! We are working on the potty training and he went poop and pee outside today!! We were such proud parents! He even learned how to go up the stairs all by himself, which leads me to this somewhat funny story. I had been cooking dinner and Bailey had been right on my feet. I turned around and he was nowhere to be found. I looked in the kitchen, in the living room, and low and behold I found him in our bedroom where he decided to take a leak! Sam shut the door to our room and the spare bedroom, so if he went back up there he wouldn't go to the rooms. Well at 10:30 we were going to bed, exhausted from our day and we were locked out of our bedroom. Neither one of us know how that happened, but we had to take the doorknob off to get back in! It was ridiculous! We have been having a wonderful time with Bailey, the newest Shrewsbury. He gets to go to hang out with his dog sister, Sassy tomorrow! We will see how that goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um... I beg your pardon! He might be heavy on the Malt, but he's still heavy on the poo too. You can ask our carpet! (or Mo:)