August 11, 2012

Sam's Turn

 A month ago, I went and got an awesome tattoo! This week it was Sam's turn to get his tattoo. After much debate and research of languages, Sam decided to get his tattoo on his bicep.

It is love written in Hebrew. Both of our tattoos are in memory of Sam's dad. Sam got love tattooed because that is what his dad always told him no matter what the circumstance. They could have been in an argument or been on great terms, but he always told Sam that he loved him. It's amazing because this isn't anything that seems out of the ordinary to me, but the realization that some people have parents that don't tell their kids they are loved hit hard while talking to our tattoo artist. He can't remember his dad telling him he loved him, which made me thankful for Sam's memory of his dad. It also made me realize how lucky Sam and I are to have such great examples of Godly parents who tell their kids they love them.

No comments: